16 - 17 October, 2018
Novotel Amsterdam City
44 (0) 207 368 9766
Agenda Day 1
8:00 am - 8:45 am Registration and welcome coffee
8:45 am - 8:50 am Welcome remarks
8:50 am - 9:00 am Chairperson’s opening address
9:00 am - 9:20 am OPENING KEYNOTE: How to initiate and drive a realistic and practical Supply Chain digitalisation transformationGregory Debuchy - SVP Global Supply Chain BioMerieux
· What does digital supply chain mean?
· Digital technology trends including big data, cloud, AI, IoT, blockchain: What are they and how can they solve current challenges within medical device companies?
· How to develop the right capabilities in order to initiate and drive a realistic and practical transformation
Gregory DebuchySVP Global Supply Chain
9:20 am - 9:40 am CUSTOMER CASE STUDY: Aarhus University Hospital have transformed our internal operations with the use of RFID and Wireless IoT – How can MedTech suppliers align their supply chains to build our truly “smart hospital”?Lars Ganzhorn Knudsen - Executive Consultant & Chief Innovation Officer Aarhus University Hospital
· How available innovation is changing hospitals’ operations: Building a concept of “smart hospitals”
· What are the requirements for data driven hospitals?
· Automation as a driver for efficiency: How RFID technology streamlines the internal and external flow and processes
· How will connected supply chain operations change customer-supplier relationships and medical supply chains?
Lars Ganzhorn KnudsenExecutive Consultant & Chief Innovation Officer
Aarhus University Hospital
9:40 am - 10:20 am CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to deploy blockchain technology to increase customer values and reduce regulatory risksChristophe Suizdak - lobal Supply Chain Strategy & Digital Transformation Leader GE Healthcare
· What are the main areas of blockchain application and where is the real advantage coming from?
· How to use blockchain to optimise internal document transactions and reduce regulatory risks
What is the impact on customers and where does the added value come from?
Christophe Suizdaklobal Supply Chain Strategy & Digital Transformation Leader
10:20 am - 11:00 am Morning networking break
Transforming Traditional Supply Chains
11:00 am - 11:20 am CASE STUDY: Shaping Connected Healthcare: What is the impact of connected healthcare on innovation and new business models within the medical device industry and what should you be doing now in order to prepare for the fundamental change?Andrew Mitchell - Vice President, Regional Sector Head, Life Sciences & Healthcare EMEA DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation
· How are medical devices companies facing key market trends such as digitalization, globalization and an always-informed patient?
· How are medical devices companies Shaping Connected Healthcare through their market approach, channel management, patient centricity, organization and supply chain structures in order to sustain a leadership position in the market?
· Strategic insights, tangible examples and relevant best practices.
Andrew MitchellVice President, Regional Sector Head, Life Sciences & Healthcare EMEA
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation
11:20 am - 11:40 am CASE STUDY: How to use control tower technology in order to monitor, manage and optimise the movement of your inventory throughout the supply chainManuel Formis - VP, Head of Global Logistics Philips Healthcare
· What skills and resources you need to put in place to build the control tower organization
· Aligning systems and tools across the entire supply chain
· Use of Advanced Shipping Notices
· Achieved results: Increased visibility and control over your inventory and transport operations
· What are the extra benefits you can achieve from the implementation of these technologies?
Manuel FormisVP, Head of Global Logistics
11:40 am - 12:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to evolve your supply chain models and operations processes in order to drive customer centricity in a digital ageJimmy Khoo - Europe & EMA Supply Chain Vice President Becton Dickinson
· How to embrace modern practices and ways of thinking: ensuring full global integration and a holistic business approach
· How to achieve harmonisation between organisations, departments and regions
· What are the key focus areas to on to increase efficiency and drive value generation?
· How to implement available digital technology in order to meet the customers requirements
Jimmy KhooEurope & EMA Supply Chain Vice President
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm FIRESIDE CHAT: Lessons learned on how to structure a market-leading logistics network that ticks all the boxes: customer-centric, agile, and cost-optimisedPhilippe Hemard - Founder of PHC and former Vice President Amazon Logistics Europe Amazon
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Networking lunch
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting1:45 pm - 2:05 pm CASE STUDY: How to transform your supply planning process in order to increase forecasting accuracy and ensure the overall optimization of your supply chain Brian Rammekjaer - Supply Chain Director DGS Diagnostics A/S
· How to simplify the fragmented systems within complex organisational structures that cause a higher granularity of process
· How to identify and align the right demand data with sales forecasts in order to improve product availability and increase production agility
· What are the new business processes and tools you should be developing in order to manage the system?
Brian RammekjaerSupply Chain Director
DGS Diagnostics A/S
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting2:05 pm - 2:25 pm CUSTOMER CASE STUDY: Scan4Safety implementation and analytics: How inventory identification systems can provide data for better stock management and waste reductions Robert Drag - Former Scan4Safety Programme Manager Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
· How to develop and adopt safety standards by hospitals and their suppliers
· What are the benefits for suppliers and patients?
· Achieving interoperability between hospital and supplier systems
Robert DragFormer Scan4Safety Programme Manager
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting2:25 pm - 3:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to take an end-to-end approach to inventory management with your customers to build trust and improve service Colin Yates - Customer Logistics Director Stryker
· How to take your inventory management strategy beyond the organisation in order to increase service level
· What are the requirements of the systems and what tools should you be using?
· How to develop trust and collaboration
Colin YatesCustomer Logistics Director
STREAM B – Redesigning Distribution Networks1:45 pm - 2:05 pm CASE STUDY: How to develop an optimal network design that achieves the right balance between customer-centricity and traditional supply chain cost principles Jos Hanssen - Director, Logistics & Distribution Beckman Coulter
· Should customer centric supply chains set up manufacturing and logistics closer to their key customers or rely on LSP coverage?
· How do your customers see your supply chain in the medium to long term?
· How to set up a new effective distribution network
· Keeping the balance between time, cost and benefits
STREAM B – Redesigning Distribution Networks2:05 pm - 2:25 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to adopt an outsourced warehouse model that focuses on your company’s core value-adding functions whilst managing third party risk and improving control
· Assessing the pros and cons of outsourced warehousing
· How can outsourcing help to reduce costs?
· What is the best strategy to handle possible challenges?
· Will medical device companies begin to insource logistics more due to the impact of digitalization?
STREAM B – Redesigning Distribution Networks2:25 pm - 2:45 pm CASE STUDY: TBC
Reserved for Stora Enso
STREAM B – Redesigning Distribution Networks2:45 pm - 3:05 pm CUSTOMER CASE STUDY: What are the main challenges to work with MedTech suppliers? – How can both parties work better?
Stora EnsoKarl Van den Bosch - Logistics Director UZ Brussel
3:05 pm - 3:40 pm Afternoon networking break
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting3:40 pm - 4:00 pm CASE STUDY: How to use casual factors to create automatic forecasts and increase the accuracy of your demand planning Clemens Heller - Manager Supply Chain Planning & Projects Hartmann
· How to establish processes and systems to track the consumption of sold products
· Obtaining an agreement with customers for data sharing
· How to use AI, advanced planning and other innovative tools to make data-driven decisions
Clemens HellerManager Supply Chain Planning & Projects
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting4:00 pm - 4:40 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: 360 view of field inventory management: How can hospitals and medtech supply chains work together to define and maintain the optimal amount of stock? Björn Neal Kirchner - VP Supply Chain Management Hartmann Colin Yates - Customer Logistics Director Stryker Thomas Rudorf - Head of Logistics University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein
· Finding the balance: How much should a customer own and consign?
· Hospital philosophy: How and why do healthcare providers choose active or passive material management strategies?
· What systems and tools should you be using for proactive stock management?
· What is the best practice to turn the product before its expiry date
How to work with under performing distributors
Björn Neal KirchnerVP Supply Chain Management
Colin YatesCustomer Logistics Director
Thomas RudorfHead of Logistics
University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein
STREAM A – Mastering Inventory Management, Planning and Forecasting4:40 pm - 5:00 pm CASE STUDY: Tender management: How to achieve better forecasting accuracy and effectively manage non standard demand peaks in order to improve production and logistics planning Eric Thomas - Director Supply & Demand BioMérieux
· What are the key success factors to manage the medtech bid process effectively?
· How does forecasting impact your tender process
Tools you should be using to improve planning process and mitigate potential risks
Eric ThomasDirector Supply & Demand
STREAM B – Advances in Warehouse Optimization3:40 pm - 4:40 pm OXFORD STYLE DEBATE: Outsourcing of warehousing can deliver the same level of operational efficiency and customer service as keeping it in-house: FOR and AGAINST Jos Hanssen - Director, Logistics & Distribution Beckman Coulter
STREAM B – Advances in Warehouse Optimization4:20 pm - 5:00 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: Centralization versus decentralization of warehousing: How to define your optimal distribution network while maintaining customer service levels and staying cost effective Isabela Furtado - Director Global Logistics Terumo BCT Europe
· Centralised and decentralised distribution models: pros and cons
· What model should you choose when considering product portfolio, customer base, customer service and other key elements
· How to gain financial benefits out of your centralised distribution network?
Isabela FurtadoDirector Global Logistics
Terumo BCT Europe