16 - 17 October, 2019
Rotterdam - NHow Hotel
44 (0) 207 368 9766
Conference Day One - Wednesday 16 October 2019
7:00 am - 8:35 am Registration and Welcome Coffee
8:35 am - 8:40 am Welcome Remarks
8:40 am - 8:45 am Chairperson’s Opening Address: Rob Drag, Former Scan4Safety Programme Manager, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust, Director, R2Consulting
Transforming Your Supply Chain With Digital Innovations
8:45 am - 9:05 am OPENING KEYNOTE: How can you leverage advances in AI, ML and RPA across your supply chain to automate manual processes and allow your employees to focus on value add tasks?
· How to develop an optimal network design that achieves the right balance between customer centricity, traditional supply chain cost principles and innovation
· How to identify and run first pilot projects in order to gain ROI
· The growing importance of vertical integration: What platforms and standards you should be using for the data exchange
· What are the opportunities for AI implementation across supply chain in order to automate manual processes and get true visibility
David WilsonDirector EMEA Supply Chain Planning
9:05 am - 9:45 am FIRESIDE CHAT: Realising the benefits of digital transformation: What are the critical success factors for creating a digital supply chain vision and gaining momentum throughout the implementation phase?
· What is the role of supply chain in the overall digital strategy of your company?
· How can digital help to close gaps within your supply chain E2E visibility, customer communication and costs?
· What technologies should you be considering now to create agile and responsive supply chain operations?
· How to develop digital solutions that create value to your customers
David WilsonDirector EMEA Supply Chain Planning
Christophe SuizdakGlobal Supply Chain Leader, Strategy & Digital Transformation
9:45 am - 10:05 am INTERVIEW: How will connected medical devices transform the healthcare industry and how can you best prepare to capitalise on the prospects of a more autonomous supply chain?
· How to use digitalisation to take an active role in patient healthcare
· What is the role of supply chain in digital healthcare?
· What are the opportunities to capture patient data to drive autonomous supply chains?
· How the future of digital health will look and how it will impact supply chain cost and profitability models
Dan Bøgsted AndersenGlobal Head of Digital Health
10:05 am - 10:35 am Morning Networking Break
Achieving End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility
10:35 am - 11:05 am CASE STUDY: reserved for DHL
11:05 am - 11:25 am CASE STUDY: How to optimise production and distribution planning projects to achieve a greater level of flexibility and end-to-end supply chain visibility
· What is the best approach to balance demand and capacity indicators
· How to select and analyse a right set of data to plan on a network level
· How to overcome complexities caused by supply chain structures and get full visibility of the process’s limitations
· How to capture and analyse customer data to optimise planning activities including distribution, transportation and production
Ólafur GylfasonDirector of Logistics & Procurement
11:25 am - 11:45 am CASE STUDY: reserved for Deloitte
Sebastien TomassatSenior Program Director, Head of Strategy Execution Office, CVG Global Operations
11:45 am - 12:25 pm ALL STAR PANEL DISCUSSION: How can you integrate distributors, LSPs and external network partners into your supply chain and streamline key processes to deliver smoother workflows to your customers?
· How to establish effective communication channels between manufacturer, distributor and customer in order to ensure the expected quality and service level
· Understanding different parties’ supply chain processes to provide needed support regarding data sharing, deliveries and order management
· How to improve the level of trust among all parties to achieve effective collaboration that eventually benefits end users
· How to copy the Amazon model in order to embrace opportunities of patient home deliveries and personalised medicine
Frank MoonenDirector Global Delivery Excellence
Jimmy KhooVice President, Supply Chain Europe & EMA
Mark EwingEMEAC Supply Chain Director
Frederic PicanoHead of supply chain EMEA
12:25 pm - 12:45 pm CASE STUDY: The journey to building true end-to-end business integration
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm Networking Lunch
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm SYNERGY WORKSHOP:
Review of the supply chain benefits gained through document automation when managing a multi-country, multi-language, customer service integration project. What are the additional benefits now realised from the continued investment in AI-driven solutions and what are the future considerations in such technologies to further enhance this success?
Eric BertorelloDigital EDI Leader
STREAM A – Progressing Your S&OP Maturity1:45 pm - 2:45 pm CASE STUDY: How to bridge the gap between your current state of S&OP maturity and future development goals
· How to access the level of your S&OP maturity to develop a further improvement strategy
· Bridging the gap between running manual processes versus advanced systems
· What tools and processes should you put in place in order to develop mature S&OP processes that allow you to prepare for the next phase of IBP
STREAM A – Progressing Your S&OP Maturity2:45 pm - 3:25 pm ALL STAR PANEL DISCUSSION: What are the key elements of a well performing S&OP roadmap that delivers effective and efficient supply chain operations?
· Should S&OP teams report to commercial or supply chain functions?
· What is the optimal integration level across the company?
· How to measure the effectiveness of your S&OP process: At what point might you get counter productivity?
· Should you be considering inventory levels in your S&OP?
· Innovative technologies you should be investing in now in order to improve the accuracy of your planning and efficiency of the S&OP process
Clemens HellerManager Supply Chain Planning & Projects
Andreas WernerHead of Global Supply Chain Planning
STREAM B – Building Global Distribution Networks1:45 pm - 2:05 pm CASE STUDY: What are the lessons learnt from insourced control towers and how can you achieve a higher level of ownership over your logistics processes?
· What skills and resources you need to put in place to build the control tower organization
· Aligning systems and tools across the entire supply chain
· Achieved results: Increased visibility and control over your inventory and transport operations
· What are the extra benefits you can achieve from the implementation of these technologies?
Hugo BakermansSenior Director Global Logistics & Order Mgt
STREAM B – Building Global Distribution Networks2:45 pm - 3:00 pm CASE STUDY: The importance to innovate your life sciences and healthcare supply chain
STREAM B – Building Global Distribution Networks3:00 pm - 3:25 pm CASE STUDY: How to build a robust supply chain network in the Middle East and Africa that overcomes the limitations of regional logistics infrastructure and better meets local customer needs
· How to strengthen the cooperation with LSPs and equip them with the support needed to manage customs, paperwork and physical movement of goods better
· What is best practice in shipping dangerous goods to the Middle East region?
· Lessons learned from successful and unsuccessful product launches in these regions
Barry EnglishSupply Chain Planning Manager
Molnlycke Healthcare AB
Mohamed SadekGeneral Manager - MEA
Molnlycke Health Care
STREAM C – Interactive Working Groups1:45 pm - 3:25 pm WORKSHOP: Enabling end-to-end supply chain with integrated business planning
This interactive workshop will explore the key elements businesses need to set in place to enable effective end to end supply chain planning. Oliver Wight Partner, Andy Walker will highlight the importance of ensuring your enterprise has robust commercial planning, good internal behaviours and clarity on strategy – all fundamental pre-requisites in enabling optimisation of the end to end supply chain. Alongside this, Andy will explore how Integrated Business Planning can be utilised to drive both internal and end to end supply chain planning excellence.
Andy WalkerManaging Partner
Adrian FureyVP, Global Supply Chain & Logistics
STREAM A – Taking the Next Step With Integrated Business Planning3:25 pm - 4:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to align IBP processes across departments to enable collaborative planning and integrated financial budgets
STREAM B – Streamlining Your Distribution Network3:25 pm - 4:05 pm CASE STUDY INTERACTIVE: How to best plan around irregular orders from distributors to ensure forecasting accuracy, inventory availability and production control
STREAM C – Interactive Working Groups3:25 pm - 4:05 pm CREATIVE BOARDROOM: Reserved for TNT
4:05 pm - 4:40 pm Afternoon Networking Break
In this highly interactive small group format, choose the topic most reflective of your current challenges, then dive deep with your peers and benefit from informal bench marking opportunities, as the roundtable explores: